You’ve put in the time and effort to develop a strong brand identity that tells your story. So now you need to make sure that your efforts are not wasted and your brand is consistently represented.
People are bombarded with visual messages across a number of platforms every single day. For this reason, developing a consistent brand is vital. Brand consistency means developing brand guidelines and visual standards that can be used throughout all of your materials and marketing efforts. A brand style guide can help staff and agencies ensure that all parties are on the same page – presenting a unified vision for your brand to the public.
Style Guides with AX Digital
We begin our process with research because we like to take the time to understand why you are special. Diving deep we start with a closer look at why you started your business and what your values are. We will then compare you with your competition to identify what your unique competitive advantage is and how we can capture that in your branding.
After this, we take a look at your current brand identity including your logo, typography, fonts and colour palette. With these elements in mind we look at brand consistency across all areas of your business. This can include but is not limited to – website, social media, product packaging, business cards and email templates.
By going through this process to carefully developing brand guidelines and visual standards, we take the time to understand your brand. There are five key components that we consider with each element telling your story and what you stand for to ensure your story is told correctly.
The Five Elements:
- Mission – Your mission statement is your story, ultimately the reason why your company exists.
- Vision – Your vision statement describes where you want your business to go.
- Target Audience – Who is your ideal audience? What insights do you have about them? Location, demographics, psychographics etc.
- Personality – Does your brand have a personality? Are you fun or serious? Are you classic or “on trend?”
- Values – What are the guiding principles of your company? What do you stand for?
Your brand guidelines and visual standards need to ensure that you convey each of these five key components in every single material that is shared. Which is why we work with you to ensure your brand identity is maintained by presenting you with your style guide.
What goes into a style guide you ask?
Here are some of the things that we include to help develop your brand guidelines and visual standards:
- The optimal location to display your logo.
- A clearly defined colour palate that represents your brand identity.
- A selection of fonts that capture your brands personality and how to use them.
- Designated icons that fit with your brand and the look and feel of your materials.
If you are ready to clearly define your brand identity, or you think your current brand identity is getting a bit stale, reach out to the team at AX Digital today. You could be one conversation away from developing extraordinary brand guidelines and visual standards for your business.